Year End Matters for your Annual Meetings
Please give your attention to the following items related to year-end resources, reports, decisions, and forms. All the materials below may also be accessed online at www.sdsynod.org/yearend.
- The Presiding Bishop’s/Bishop’s Annual Letter/Report Cover: Please make use of this multi-purpose document to share messages from Presiding Bishop Eaton and Bishop Zellmer along with helpful information about the synod budget and how your congregation’s mission support offerings are utilized.
- Your Congregation’s Plan for Mission Support: Use this important document to indicate the portion of offerings that your congregation plans to give for Undesignated Mission Support in 2018. This is the money that is shared beyond your congregation to fund the many missions and ministries of your synod and churchwide organization. You can send it back by mail or complete the form online. This is to be completed immediately after the annual meeting.
- Congregational Leadership Form: Please fill this out and send it back using the return envelope or complete the form online. Normally this is completed immediately after the annual meeting.
- Stories of Faith in Action magazine: This magazine includes stories of how your congregation’s mission support dollars have been at work around the world. It also includes helpful information about where your offering goes. You can order additional copies for free (paying only the cost of shipping). Just email or call the contact information on the back cover.
- Videos: This year, at your annual meeting or leading up to it during worship or congregational forums, consider sharing a short and inspiring video that tells as story of one of our ministries here in South Dakota and that says “Thank you” for your generosity and ministry and that describes some of the ways we work together? Go to sdsynod.org/videos for five brand new 2-3 minute videos.
Thank you for your prompt attention to these important matters and for your partnership in God’s Mission.