Companion Synod Projects – Christmas Wish List
Here are the projects which we are supporting in our Companion Synods of Cameroon and Nicaragua right now. Please consider this a “Christmas Wish List”.
1)Roofs for churches! There are 23 churches now completed waiting for church roofs. Most of them would need $9000 for a complete roof, but some are bigger.
2) X-Ray machine for Ngaoundere Hospital Global Health Ministries has raised $40,000 of the $50,000 needed for a new digital X-Ray machine. They need another $10,000 to send the machine and a technician trainer in January.
3) Train Up a Child- The Poli school depends on our help to enroll both girls and boys in a Lutheran Day School. Other Fulani refugees from the troubles in Central African Republic depend on our help to enroll in public schools near where they live.
4) Seminary Chapel-Classroom-Library Building- We have an estimate of $250,000 for this construction project in Meiganga, Cameroon. We are in conversation for major gifts, but we won’t begin until we have raised half of the money for the project, and
5) Pastoral Exchange program- We would like contributions for this program to receive a Cameroonian Pastor in 2019 for three months, then send a South Dakota Synod pastor on sabbatical time to return the visit.
1) Volunteer Community Health Worker Training- We support Global Health Ministries in this project to train 35 volunteers where there is very little medical treatment available. They meet every 2 or 3 months for 2 days of training. Our goal is to provide $6000 in 2018 for this program.
2) Green Project- This is an agricultural training and development program which uses the Cedro Galan Farm near Managua as a training center. They are building a 150 hen egg production barn as a pilot project this year.
3) Annual Youth Camp- We have fully funded the January 2018 Youth Camp for $10,000 thanks to your contributions. We accept donations toward the 2019 camp.
4) SD-Nicaragua Missionary. We bid farewell to Sergio in September 2017. We have money left over to pay for an interim Mission Hospitality Coordinator for about 8 months, but we certainly need contributions for recruiting and putting our next Missionary in place.
We especially appreciate all the contributions we have received so far in 2017. Thank you!
Rev. Charlie Bunk, Companion Synod Coordinator