The South Dakota Synod, in partnership with the Helpline Center and Lutheran Social Services, will be hosting a Mental Health First Aid Training on June 2, 2022, from 8am – 5pm, at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Sioux Falls. The training will take place in Room 101. Lunch will be provided for attendees.
LEARN HOW TO SUPPORT YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND NEIGHBORS
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults. You’ll build skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to those who are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
AFTER THE COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- Understand how to interact with a person in crisis.
- Know how to connect a person with help.
- Use self-care tools and techniques.
Mental Health First Aid Training
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Venue: Our Savior’s Lutheran Church