Bethany Lutheran Home for the Aged, Inc. is accepting applications for an ordained ELCA Lutheran Pastor; Bethany prefers a Pastor with Clinical Pastoral Care certifications, however, this is not required to provide spiritual support to the residents, their families and staff at our Sioux Falls and Brandon locations.
The Chaplain is a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team for Bethany Lutheran Home for the Aged, Inc. The Chaplain provides for the pastoral care needs of residents and their families as well as for Bethany employees. The Chaplain assists them to understand and to face more fully life’s events as they relate to their spiritual and emotional well-being. The Chaplain accepts and upholds the mission, core values, and goals of Bethany and works to ensure that its Christian mission is realized with our moto of “Caring for the Body and the Spirit.” The Chaplain models the Christian lifestyle by conducting self with compassion and professionalism in dealing with the spiritual dynamics of illness, loss, and death. The Chaplain needs to be comfortable in an ecumenical setting.
The Chaplain will report directly to the Management Team.
- Carry out the goals of the pastoral care department. Continuously develop and carry out a weekly spiritual program based that meets resident needs.
- Maintain the spiritual health at Bethany for residents, family and staff. This is done by using pastoral training to move freely through the building engaging in conversation with residents, family and staff.
- Officiate at weekly Sunday worship services and conduct or arrange for midweek services.
- Provide holistic spiritual care to both the residents and staff. Holistic care bears in mind the needs of the whole person, which addresses physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and relational aspects of health.
- Facilitate the celebration of the sacraments as appropriate to own clerical status.
- Regularly visit with residents on a daily basis giving priority to those in greatest need.
- Communicates a caring friendship with a tolerant attitude for multiple cultural traditions and wide range of spiritual beliefs in order to meet the spiritual needs of all residents.
- Conduct bedside services for deceased residents and follow-up guidance as needed with resident families and Bethany staff.
- Work closely with Activities Department staff regarding event planning in order to bolster the spiritual experience of residents, families, visitors, and staff.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary department head team in all meetings, activities, and events that require department head attendance.
- Hosts monthly owner pastors’ meetings and maintains communication with owner and area churches for things such as admission and discharge of a resident.
- Assists in the development of and adheres to an annual chaplaincy budget.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salaried Wage
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Progressive, Flexible PTO Program
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bethany Lutheran Home for the Aged, Inc. is a non-profit, Christian organization serving seniors through its three companies: Bethany Home Sioux Falls, Bethany Home Brandon, and Bethany Meadows.
- EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Ordained ELCA Lutheran Pastor
- Clinical Pastoral Education units